Skip to main content

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants: Lineage, Mind Power, and the Hypnotic Art

Every artist, master, and practitioner carries a lineage—a thread of wisdom passed down through study, sweat, and shared belief. When I step on stage or work with a subject, I do not stand alone. I carry with me the teachings, the energy, and the spirits of the mentors who shaped my hands, my mind, and my understanding of the hypnotic arts.



My foundation is rooted in a tradition that spans generations. At the peak of that pyramid sits Ormond McGill, the undisputed "Dean of American Hypnotists," who dared to bridge the gap between Western hypnotic mechanics and Eastern energetic wisdom—delving deep into Chi, Prana, and the untapped reserves of human consciousness. But my direct connection to that legacy came through a man I was privileged to call my mentor and friend: the late, great Tom Silver.

Tom was Ormond’s direct student and trusted right hand. Over regular online calls, he pulled back the curtain on the "East Meets West" methods that defined McGill's life's work. To Tom, hypnosis wasn't just a clinical routine or a stage trick; it was a profound dynamic of intent, focus, and energy. He didn't just teach me technique—he took me under his wing, often calling me his "hypnosis son." His passing left a profound void in the hypnotic community, but the fire he lit in me remains untouched. To this day, I have not had a single bad show relying on the teachings he and Ormond left behind. That isn't luck—that is the undeniable reality of principles that simply do not fail when applied with conviction.

Earlier in my journey, another pivotal figure showed me what true mastery and generosity look like in this craft. When I traveled to London, Kristian von Sponneck opened his doors to me. A multi-talented English mentalist, psychic hypnotist, and all-around exceptional human being, Kristian gave me his mentorship and friendship at a time when I was still carving out my path. His sharpness, versatility, and kindness showed me how a master moves both on and off the stage.

Reflecting on this history fills me with a deep mix of humility and pride. Pride in the integrity of the work; humility before the sheer magnitude of what the human mind can accomplish.

My personal style has naturally evolved into an authoritarian approach. In a modern world that often softens its edge, I believe in the undeniable power of direct authority and the raw, absolute potential of the human mind. When I direct focus, I do so with complete conviction, tapping into the traditional weight of my lineage combined with the dynamic flow of energy and Chi.

Hypnosis is not a passive illusion. It is a bridge between belief and action, between the conscious construct and the boundless subconscious beneath. I am honored to be a caretaker of this craft, honoring the memory of Tom Silver, the genius of Ormond McGill, and the brotherhood of peers like Kristian von Sponneck every single time I command the floor.

The lineage lives on.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fun Things to Do with Hypnosis

  Fun Things to Do with Hypnosis If you’re looking for fun hypnosis ideas, here’s a list of cool, entertaining, and mind-bending things you can try with friends, family, or even yourself! These range from simple suggestibility tests to full-on hypnotic experiences. 🔹 For Beginners (Easy & Fun) Magnetic Fingers – Watch their fingers "magically" come together. Heavy Hand/Light Hand – One hand feels super heavy, the other feels like a balloon. Eye Lock – Suggest that their eyelids are too heavy to open. Name Amnesia – Make them "forget" their own name (they'll laugh at themselves). Glove Anesthesia – Numb their hand as if they were wearing a magic glove. Stuck to the Chair/Floor – Tell them they’re "glued" to their seat and can’t stand up. Simple "Mind Reading" – Suggest you can "read their mind" as they choose something (illusion-based but fun). 🔹 For Intermediate Hypnotists (More Impactful) Limb Catalepsy – Their arm or...

Energy, Tao, and the Art of Peaceful Living in a Busy World

🌀 Energy, Tao, and the Art of Peaceful Living in a Busy World By Andrew In the quiet moments between the chaos, we can still hear the Tao. Our modern lives move fast. Emails ping. Traffic hums. Notifications buzz like persistent insects. Amid this noisy whirlwind, many of us yearn for something deeper: peace, energy, alignment. Something ancient that still speaks softly beneath the modern noise. This is where Tao—the Way—gently enters. Tao and Effortless Flow Taoism teaches that we don’t need to wrestle with life. Instead, we can learn to flow with it. The Tao is not something to chase. It's like a river: always moving, always there, and always inviting us to move with it—not against it. When we begin to live in harmony with this natural flow, we stop burning unnecessary energy resisting what is . Our energy, once wasted on control, becomes available for presence, clarity, creativity, and healing. The Breath as a Bridge Enter the “2 in, 2 out” breath. Simple. Grounding. ...

Dancing with the Tao: A Thought from the Wind

Dancing with the Tao: A Thought from the Wind by Andrew Z. Soler The other day, I scribbled something. It wasn’t planned, it just… happened. A few lines about Wu Wei , bamboo in the wind, the Tao, and the idea that maybe—just maybe—I’m someone else’s imagination. It got me thinking. Maybe that’s how all truth arrives: not through force, but like wind brushing through leaves. That’s Wu Wei —not doing nothing, but doing nothing unnatural . Letting life move through you, like music through a flute. Some will say this is laziness. But to me, it's alert stillness. It’s choosing not to swim against the river, but to trust its current, knowing it’s all part of something deeper. I don’t always understand it. Sometimes I feel like a ghost in someone else’s dream. Or a projection of a thought the universe had once, and then let go. But in that space of not-knowing, there’s peace. A quiet truth that doesn’t need to be proven or posted. It just is . Like the Tao. So I write. Not to expl...